Residential Specialty Products
American Fence Company’s specialty products are custom-made from wood, metal, or vinyl at our in-house fabrication facility, at the hands of highly trained industry professionals!
Made to Order
American Fence Company’s specialty products are custom-made, meaning the products we fabricate and assemble are unique, one of a kind items. Whether you need a custom mailbox or a gazebo or an arch to place over your gated entrance, our expert design, fabrication, and installation staff is here to transform your vision into reality.
Options on specialty products manufactured by us include less common items such as arbors, mailboxes, pergolas, and gazebos.
Specialty Products Gallery
Do you need a forty foot wide, fifteen foot high entrance arch to the end our your driveway? How about a thousand pound high security door at your house? If you do, we can help! In our 10,000 sq foot fabrication shop we have designed and created a multitude of products envisioned by architects and homeowners alike. From beautiful ornate hand rails for executive homes, gorgeous arches at university entrances and architectural designs for shopping centers to security applications for prisons and power plants and everything in between.
The best part is that we will provide you with a computer aided drawing of your work and allow you to join us in the creation process before we begin fabrication. This takes the anxiety and guess work out custom fabrication for you.
The possibilities are endless!!! You can find our work in and around the following areas: Sioux Falls, South Dakota; Rochester, Minnesota; Omaha, Nebraska; Ames, Iowa; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Lincoln, Nebraska; Grand Island, Nebraska; Des Moines, Iowa; Sioux City, Iowa; Iowa City, Iowa. In Madison, Wisconsin; Wichita, Kansas; Salina, Kansas; and Kansas City, Missouri, we operate as AmeriFence Corporation; in Fargo, North Dakota, we operate as American Security and Gate Company.
Specialty Products FAQ
What type of specialty products will you fabricate?
American Fence Company is a custom steel fabricator which means that we will fabricate just about anything for you. That would include fencing, railing, gates, arches, high security doors, prison bars, decorative lamp posts, interior stair and balcony railings, louvered screening, etc.
What type of material do you use?
We can fabricate all types of metal products including aluminum, steel, cast iron, stainless steel, copper, etc.
I have an idea of what I want; what do I do next?
Call us. We service the following communities and surrounding areas: Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Des Moines, Iowa; Sioux City, Iowa; Iowa City, Iowa; Ames, Iowa; Rochester, Minnesota; Sioux Falls, South Dakota; Omaha, Nebraska; Lincoln, Nebraska; and Grand Island, Nebraska. In Madison, Wisconsin; Wichita, Kansas; Salina, Kansas; and Kansas City, Missouri, we operate as AmeriFence Corporation. In Fargo, North Dakota, we operate as American Security and Gate Company. We will set-up a time to sit down with you and talk about your idea. You don’t need a drawing or complicated measurements.
After listening to you, we will go to the drawing board and put together a computer aided design of your idea. All of this at no expense to you.
If you like what you see, we will meet you at your home or business to take field dimensions to assure absolute accuracy. We will create fabrication drawings for your review. If you still like it and want us to proceed, we will begin the fabrication process.
While this is going on, we will sit down with you and review coating options. Powder coat, electrostatic, galvanizing or hand painted with additional features. We have plenty of samples for you to review.
When your work of art is complete, we will deliver to you or install for you. That’s it. And you thought it was too tough to imagine.
Will my fence rust, fade, peel or chip?
Without question, this is the greatest concern with ornamental fencing. Consequently, you should not purchase a metal fence system unless it has been:
- E-coating. This is the exact same coating that is used on your automobile. It involves dipping the product and is generally applied with pre-manufactured fence systems.
- Powder Coating. This coating provides a plastic like candy apple coating to metal products. It is powder that is applied to the fence and then melted in an oven, creating a baked-on tough coating.
- Galvanizing. Leaving your fence with a shiny silver coating, galvanizing seals the fence from rust and corrosion. Though this is a great application to prevent rust; unfortunately, most paint applications do not adhere to the shiny galvanized finish, causing future flaking and peeling.
With over forty years of steel fabrication, American Fence Company stands firm on only providing products with these form of coatings. Don’t settle for anything less.
Can you custom build my railing?
We have fabricated literally thousands of different railing designs with the following process.We have catalogs full of railings designs for you to review in designing your railing.
- With three veteran computer aided design (CAD) programmers, we can provide you with a CAD drawing of your dream fence or railing.
- Once you have selected a design, we will personally field review your application.
- Upon field verification, we will provide you with actual drawings of your dream as it will appear.
- With five certified welders, we will build your product to the highest standards.
- With hundreds of color samples and paint applications, we will work with you to select your colors.
- With over forty years of experience, you can count on us to install your product on time and to your satisfaction.
A railing can and often is the focal point of your home. We understand this fact, consequently, we believe every railing should be treated like a piece of art.